Most people will be well and alive when this pandemic is over. At McKane & Associates we want to do all we can to make sure you and our staff are among those people.
When it is time to resume face to face sessions in the office, here is what to expect:
- You and your therapist must wear masks. We have extras if you forget.
- Your therapist will decide, case by case, when it is time to come back to the office. Because teletherapy is proving successful, you can count on that option.
- You can decide whether to say yes or no when your therapist invites you back. We want you to be confident in your well-being.
- We will schedule sessions with time between clients in the office, in order to wipe down all surfaces with sanitizer before you come in.
- Office seating will be 6 feet apart. For now, the comfort of our sofas is taboo. We cannot properly sanitize upholstery.
- The waiting room, with its magazines, is closed. You will be asked to wait in your car until your therapist texts you to come in.
- We will continuously use sanitizers in the common bathrooms on our floor. These are used by others in the building, so you may also use your own sanitizer.
- You will be asked to sign an informed consent form.
Before you come, please answer these questions. Your therapist will do the same that day:
- Take your temperature. Is it above 100°F?
- Have you been with anyone who tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 2 weeks?
- Have you lost your sense of smell or taste?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Are you coughing?
- Have you returned in the past 2 weeks from being in one of the hot spot states?
If you answer yes to any of these, please contact your therapist so you can meet by teletherapy. You will not be charged a cancellation fee.